A Short History of Laketon Bethel Reformed Church
On February 26, 1942 the church was organized with 26 communicant and 15 baptized members. Services were first held in Giles School and later at Gleaners Hall on the corner of Giles Rd. and Horton Rd. On June 12, 1949 the first building was dedicated.
Laketon Bethel proved to be a strong, growing church. This created a need for additional room, so in 1958 the sanctuary was enlarged and additional educational and social facilities were added.
As the membership continued to grow, a large addition was needed in 1989/1990. A large sanctuary and gym/cafeteria room were added.